In collaboration with Burggasse 98´s EXIST – Design Days and Vienna Design Week 2018, Artivive, Oxymoron and Improper Wallsare organising an OPEN CALL based group exhibition – REALITIES. REALITIES is a showcase for art in augmented reality (AR). The exhibition is powered by Artivive App, which is an easy to use tool for artists to create art in AR, with the simple goal of encouraging people to get out and experience art first hand in a new and interactive way.
How do AR, VR and MR collide with our RR (Real Reality)? The group art exhibition REALITIES asks artists to reflect on our perception of reality; how the attributes, feelings, and knowledge taken from “this” reality to “another” transform, modify, or stay the same. What happens if we merge realities and they overlap? This open call invites artists to touch on the topics of: love, humanism, digital world, video games, place, country, Vienna, specific location, etc.
DATES AND FACTS
• The OPEN CALL will be launched on the 16th of July, and will be closed on the 18th of August.
• Artists will be selected by the curators from Oxymoron and Improper Walls galleries. The aim is to select 25 international artists touching on these questions about reality in the most diverse contexts and approaches.
• Selected artists will be announced on the 10th of September.
• Selected artworks will be printed and shown in the group exhibition REALITIES at the Oxymoron gallery from 1st – 6th of October.
1. Register for an Artivive artist account.
2. Create an AR-artwork (image & video) and upload it to Bridge by Artivive. When uploading it to Artivive, please also fill in the “artwork info”.
3. Send the artwork image in printable format to email@example.com.
NOTE! If you are selected, you don’t need to ship your artwork. We will print it here in Vienna.
• The artwork image uploaded to Artivive should be 200 x 200 mm.
• The image sent via email should either be TIFF, PDF, or JPEG and should include an extra bleed of 2 mm (for printing).
• The video uploaded to Artivive should have the same aspect ratio as the image.